Monday, August 24, 2009

Anxiously waiting for NHL season to start

How many of you are anxiously waiting for the new hockey season to begin? Maybe it's just me because my beloved Mets are God-awful and the boys of summer from Queens just don't cut it anymore. Perhaps it's the desire to see John Tavares suit up for the Isles and bring some credibility back to the ice (the Draft Party was amazing by the way). Perhaps it's the uneasy tension from the Lighthouse situation - with the ever-so-possible idea of the Islanders actually moving off Long Island - to Kansas of all places?!

There are so many on-ice and off-ice situations plaguing the organization that it creates for some interesting story lines. Through it all, the true die-hard Islanders fans have stuck by their team and will continue to do so, no matter what.

With that, I will try and give my honest opinion about the Islanders with this blog. I will bring a citizenly report on all the happenings of the team. It helps that I am a sportswriter from Long Island and have connections to the team, but will still be objective as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment